It is the last weekend of summer but that does not mean we should stop working out!! We can all stay active even during the cold seasons. Working out can really help improve your skin but going to the gym can affect your skin. Think about it…. How many people use the gym every day?! When you go to the gym you are constantly touching the machines or the weights! Your hands will be full of bacteria then you may touch your face, making it easier for you to breakout. Today I will give a few gym skin care tips to help prevent and improve your skin when you work out at the gym!!
1. REHYDRATE. When you work out it is very important to stay hydrated since your skin loses water with sweat. Your skin can become dehydrated causing dead skin cells to accumulate and clogged pores. Bring a water bottle to your workout and remember to drink water throughout your workout.
2. KEEP YOUR HAIR UP. If you have long hair you should pull it back away from your face. Make sure to always have in your car or gym bag a headband or hair tie. Keeping your hair out of your forehead will prevent breakouts.
3. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE. It may be hard to realize but when you workout you may be touching your face frequently and this can transfer bacteria from your hands onto your face. Another thing you need when going to the gym is a small towel to absorb the sweat from your face. Also, to wash this towel every time you use it!
4. WASH YOUR HANDS. It is clear bacteria can be found all over the gym that is why you need to wash your hands with soap! Use hand sanitizer to wipe down your machine before and after you use it. Don’t forget to wash your hands after you use the bathroom and after your workout.
5. WASH YOUR FACE. When you are done with your workout you need to wash your face with a gentle cleanser! When you are done do not rub your skin with your towel, instead, gently pat dry. Exercising causes your blood circulation to increase, making your skin more sensitive. And don't forget to follow up wth your skincare!
6. CHANGE CLOTHES ASAP. After your workout you need to change out of your sweaty clothes. You will sweat and all of your toxins come out and get into your clothes. Wearing dirty sweaty clothes your body can get clogged, leading to body acne. Make sure to shower and change into clean clothes to prevent this.
7. NO HOT SHOWERS. I know when you are done with a workout a hot shower feels amazing but you should reconsider. A hot shower can strip your skin of all the natural oils, leaving your skin dry and itchy. My suggestion is to take a short shower with lukewarm water.
8. MOISTURIZER. We all know your skin needs to be hydrated that is why using a moisturizer after washing your face and body is a must! If you have oily skin use a moisturizer that is oil-free. If your skin is sensitive or more acne prone, it is important to take the extra steps to protect your skin, especially after using you workout at the gym. Proper skincare will manage your acne and prevent it!
Enjoy the last weekend of summer and make sure to continue to stay active! Your skin will thank you.
Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe! Lots of HUGS to you all and keep it beautiful!
* Gregory Dylan is a 20 year beauty industry veteran, licensed esthetician and facial expert. For more information or to schedule a facial treatment at his skin care clinic in Los Angeles, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org *